Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ornaments, Reindeer, & The North Pole!

We had a visitor this week! You're probably wondering who, right?! I'll give you a hint...he came straight from The North Pole and his name is Candy Cane. Yep, you guessed it, we have an elf in our classroom! This is my absolute most favorite time of the year! I just love getting into the holiday spirit with my little firsties. I still haven't quite decided who enjoys this stuff more? Me or the kiddos? 

This is the package we received from The North Pole:
We named our elf:
Here are a few places we found Candy Cane this week (I forgot to take pics of all the places):
Apparently Candy Cane loves dark chocolate-like the teacher:)
As part of a math project this week, we made these cute lil' ornaments. We are working on graphing so I thought the kids would enjoy making ornaments and graphing the colors the class chose. Full disclosure-the pictures you are seeing are from round two of the ornament making. Yes, round two:). Round one didn't go as planned. This lesson was a great reminder for me that firsties need step by step instructions. Always. No exceptions. Any-hoo...the ornaments came out adorable and we were able to learn some awesome graphing concepts!
Next up...reindeer writing! We spent the week reading and writing about reindeers. Did I mention how much I love this time of year?!:)
Reading and gathering facts!
Drafting-look how good those finger spaces, capital letters, & ending marks are coming!:)
Crafting time-doesn't our wall look cute?

Here is one final thing I thought I'd share...tracking sticks! I was amazed at the excitement these sticks created! Who knew a simple sticker and popsicle stick would make reading so much more enjoyable?!
Have an awesome weekend! I'm hoping to join the Christmas decorating linky party this weekend...stay tuned for that post:)!



No comments:

Post a Comment