Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sombreros, Pictures, & Ice-Cream Cones!

It has been a busy week with the kiddos! Which means I am one tired teacher! Here is my Five For Friday-on Saturday, because I was too tired to finish this post last night:).
We started Monday off with Cinco de Mayo! What a fun way to start the week. We used several activities from my Cinco de Mayo pack to celebrate!
We learned about the history of Cinco de Mayo, wrote a mini report, and had a few craftivities. Here's a picture walk of our celebration!

Aren't these flowers awesome?! I finally learned how to make tissue paper flowers!

Mother's Day is coming up this weekend...which calls for some gift making in room 16!

We started off by taking some pictures to use for our gifts. I asked each student to stand up with their arms in the air while I snapped the pictures! I promised them that we wouldn't just be giving their moms a picture of them with their arms up in the air:). They all snickered and laughed as I took their pictures. They couldn't quite figure out what they would be using the picture for.

We created our picture backgrounds by "glue painting" tissue paper to a piece of cardstock to create a collage effect.
Once the tissue was dry, we glued on their pictures with a giant heart. Pretty cute, right?! The kiddos were so excited about their gifts and couldn't wait to take them home!

We needed a cutesy card to go with our gifts, so I created this ice-cream cone card! It's pretty sweet:). The kids loved it! You can grab it for free, here.



I am on The Young Authors' Faire committee this year. Wednesday evening was the big Fresno County Young Authors' Faire! There were so many awesome books on display! We have some great writers. Here are a few pictures from the event.


Here is my latest mini pack that I finally finished up. Feel free to check it out in my TPT store!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Memorial-Day-1229762

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment