Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Made It!


Hello! This is my first Monday Made It project and I am super excited to be linking up! I'm sure I'll have plenty more projects to share before the school year starts:).


Do you hate pin holes all over your cutesy bulletin boards? I know I do! I love to frequently change out student work...but hate the holes in bulletin boards.  Last year, I found the perfect solution to this problem. I glued a tack to the back of a clothespin and hung the student work with the clothespin. Time to change up the student work...no problem...no holes. 

I'm changing up the colors and theme in my room this year, which means I need new clothespin tacks. I started by getting some small wooden cut-outs from Michael's. They had tons of different cut-outs to choose from. Don't forget to use your teacher discount:).  I spray painted them with chalkboard paint.
I spray painted the clothespins to match the color scheme of my classroom.

I waited for it all to dry. After it was all dry, I painted the white polka dots on the black cut-outs with a white paint  pen (also purchased at Michael's). I hot glued the black wooden pieces to the front of the clothespin and a tack to the back. 
I'm going to write the students' names on these using chalk pens. Unfortunately, my chalk pens are at school. This will make them reusable for the next school year.

That's it...easy-peasy! How do you hang up student work?

No comments:

Post a Comment