Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Poppin' In For Conferences {and some batty activities}

We've gone batty! Well, not really. But, we did spend a good chunk of our week learning about bats! The kiddos loved this...especially since we are getting so close to Halloween!

We started off the week watching a couple of short videos {educational, of course} about bats! Then, we read these cute lil' bat books, made by my friend, Jessica! Not only did the kids love reading all about bats, they loved that they got to take the books home!  We learned lots of fun new words this week, like echolocation! It makes me smile when I hear the kiddos using these words in conversation throughout the week! I also read one of my favorite books to the kids, Stellaluna. I used a few of the activities from my Stellaluna activity pack...these were a big hit with my lil' firsties! 

The bat books also helped the kids with their writing this week!

We charted some of our new learning!

On Friday, we published our writing! Now, I'm not into the scary looking Halloween stuff....so I  created these "not so scary" bats instead! Yes, they needed a bow:-). No scary looking bats in our classroom!
Aren't they just adorable?! I love October!

Speaking of October, parent conferences are coming up this week! Can you believe  it's already time for conferences? 

To help me stay organized during conferences, I always create a "notes about your child" page. This helps me stay organized during the conference. It ensures I don't forget anything, highlights the areas of strength and areas for improvements, and reminds the parents to go over these things with their child. 

Here is a sample of what I am using this year {leaving off the student's name}. I keep it very simple and easy to use.
I also created these parent gifts as a way of thanking the parents for attending their child's conference. They are simple and easy to assemble.




If you would like to grab a copy of my thank-you label, click here. Just print and attach to a bag of popcorn. Easy-peasy!

Have a great week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment