Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, November 14, 2014

#Gingerbreadmanexchange2014



Wheeeew! What a short week! Three days sure does fly by quickly!

I didn't think I'd have much to blog about this week...but, here we are with my Five for Friday:).
I'm so excited to be apart of the 2014 Gingerbread exchange, hosted by Pawsitively Teaching. I know, you're asking, what's this gingerbread exchange about?! Click here to read all about it. In short, I've been teamed up with 15 other teachers (in various parts of the U.S) and we are exchanging gingerbread men and letters with our classrooms. So much fun! Here's what we've done so far:
We created gingerbread men that best represented where we live. Since we are surrounded by agriculture, we dressed up our gingerbread men as lil' farmers. Don't you just love their cute overalls?
Next, we wrote a letter as a class to our soon-to-be new friends! I had one kiddo copy the letter over for us.
All of our letters and gingerbread men are ready to be mailed off. I don't think any of my firsties have ever mailed anything. They were fascinated with the fact that we were MAILING our creations off to other kids! Yes, I Iet them decorate the envelopes:).

Stay tuned for more gingerbread exchange fun...
Today was an exciting day for room 16! We took 2nd place in our PBIS door decorating contest!
The kiddos spent quite a bit of time learning how to use our new iPad this week. Thank you so much to Donors Choose and all the generous people who helped make this possible! 

Gobble gobble...time for verbs! The kids thought my drawing was hilarious (which is why I'm sharing it). I'm a first grade teacher, not an artist. I tried:). Hopefully I'll have some fun verb activities to share with you next week. This was a short week:).
I also finished up my newest creation this week! With all the excitement of the gingerbread exchange, my kiddos are going to LOVE these activities! If you're interested, take a look here. It's filled with several math and literacy activities. I've also created a family-home project that is also included in this pack.



Have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment