Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

An Owl & Chevron Frenzy!

I'm starting to get into that Back-to-School mode. I can't believe summer is almost over! I'm not quite ready to give up my summer vacation yet. While I've still been enjoying my vacation, I have started decorating my classroom and planning for the first week of school. I decided to go with an owl/chevron theme this year-loving it so far! It won't be long until my new batch of kiddos will be showing up for the first day of school. Yikes! I have so much to do still! 

A few weeks ago I bought my laminator. I don't know how I ever taught without it! I LOVE it! I've been laminating EVERYTHING! Seriously, everything. It makes just about anything look good.

Here are a few pictures of my classroom so far & decorations:

I'm using these cute little guys on my writing wall. I glued a clothes pin to the back so I don't have to put holes in my bulletin boards with all the staples. I'm also going to write each one of the kiddos names on the owls. Why didn't I think of this sooner? Thank you Pinterest. Did you notice they are all laminated? You can pick up this template at schoolgirlstyle.com

My writing wall

Word wall-there are a TON of words! But, I like that they are big enough that my students will be able to see them from their desks.

I made these owls for the window. They were much more challenging then they might seem. But, with a little encouragement, I got them painted (with a straight (ish) chevron pattern).

Math meeting wall

ELA BQB board

Back to school hoarding, I mean shopping. I just love back to school shopping! Yes, that is a hot buns you see-and yes, it does work...in case you were wondering. I was excited.

I made these table group supply bins. Plain bins just aren't cute enough. I also got to use my new circle cutter to cut out the table numbers. I love it almost as much as the laminator. It's so much easier having all the group supplies in one place when you need them. It's the little things that make a classroom run smoothly, right?

-Jamie


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment