Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chalk Markers? Yes, please!

It's official. Summer vacation is over! I'm  "officially" back at work on Wednesday. Although, with all the laminating, cutting, bulletin board prepping, chalkboard spray painting, and crafting mishaps....I feel like I've been back for a couple of weeks now.  I will admit, I'm getting excited. Because I'm changing grade levels this year, there has been a lot to do! For those of you who didn't know, I've spent the last three years in second grade and will be moving to first grade this year. I'm looking forward to working with the firsties this year!

Here are a few things I've been working on:

I re-did my word wall. Not just once, but three times! Third time is a charm, right? I just couldn't get over the cluttered mess my wall had become. So, I re-sized, re-printed, and re-laminated all the words. Yes, all of the words. Then I decided the paper was too wrinkled. Yes, you guessed it...it came down too. I also decided there was too much chevron print going on in the room, so I changed out the border as well. The final change was the alphabet letters...they look so much better. I'm happy now. That's what's important, right?

An up close picture of the newly organized word wall.

All the words I re-sized, re-cut, and re-laminated. I'm glad I LOVE my new laminator so much!

Ok, I'm loving my latest creation! The crate stools. I had seen these on Pinterest a long time ago and knew I'd be making them at some point. This was the year! I fell in love with the chevron fabric several weeks back during one of my shopping trips to Joann's. I knew I had to have it. I didn't know for what, but I was buying it! I'm glad I remembered that I had "pinned" these crates. Who ever came up with this idea is a genius! Shockingly, they were just as easy to make as Pinterest described.

Chevron & yellow polka dot crate stools. I can't wait to see the kids using them during reading centers.

I picked up this cute little owl chalkboard at Professor Toy. 

First day of school photo props. More
photos will be coming soon. I made these by using chalkboard spray paint so they are re-usable. Just wipe and re-use.

I just discovered these. Chalk markers! They are awesome and I think I need an entire set.

My new chevron print lamp. I think it looks great on my desk. You can pick one up at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I will be using these to mark the group captain for the week. No more fussing over who is getting supplies and passing out papers. Those duties will go to the "Owl Star" captain.

Again, loving the chalkboard paint! I have also concluded that I can not paint with a paint brush. These were my second go at the pots. Shhh...dont tell anyone. I'll just stick to spray painting. I will be using my chalk markers to label the pots-crayons, markers etc.

That's all for now...

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment