Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, October 11, 2013

A Week of Pumpkins!

Wow, I can't believe it is Friday, again! We have had so much fun this week! I've actually been really looking forward to this post:). Our week consisted of A LOT of pumpkins. 

Here's a lil' look at what we've been up to this week:

We read this book-in preparation for our science lesson.
We did a class pumpkin investigation (using the big pumpkin). I don't think most of the kiddos had ever seen a pumpkin quite like this one:).
Our data:
The kiddos did their own investigations:
Hmmmm....did it sink? Or float?
We created the pumpkin lifecycle:
Our cute new display:). Have I mentioned how much I LOVE fall??!
We wrote about how to carve a pumpkins.
The pumpkin craft to go with our writing. The kids "painted" on tissue paper with glue.
They definitely enjoyed this activity. I can't wait to get our new bulletin board set up with all these cute little pumpkins...after I laminate and cut ALL
these pumpkins out. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend:).

Ok...my favorite part of Friday...my new "writer's eyes." I found these huge googley eyes at Target, in the dollar section. I knew I had to have them. What teacher doesn't need a huge pair of googley eyes?! I put them to good use:
Of course, I introduced them like this:
The kids thought it was hysterical! I guess this is why I teach first grade:). Maybe they will remember to always have "writer's eyes."

Happy Friday!






No comments:

Post a Comment