Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Monday, November 25, 2013

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Whewwww....I feel like I haven't blogged in forever! It was such a busy month and couldn't seem to find any extra time to squeeze into my busy schedule. Not to worry, I'm on Thanksgiving break for the week and have plenty of time now (well, in between my crafting projects and shopping for Christmas decorations-I'm obsessed)! 

Here are a few of the projects we completed in the month of November:
We created these turkeys at the beginning of the month to help us with our "Lost Turkey" writing. The kids absolutely loved these. I walked them through each step of drawing the turkey in pencil (as you can see, they all still turned out very different). After they sketched it out in pencil, they went over it in sharpie, and then water-colored them.
After each turkey was painted the kids created a graphic organizer that described their turkeys. We worked on adjectives-so this was perfect! We pretended that all our turkeys were "lost" and they had to describe them with enough detail that someone would be able to find their turkey. They quickly realized that "My turkey is colorful" wasn't going to work. They learned to be specific and came up with some great descriptive sentences!
Drafting-Using Step Up to Writing.
Final draft!
The kiddos also wrote about what they were thankful for. This was part of a school wide writing contest this month. They sponge painted the leaves to make them a lil' more cutesy:).
On Friday, we created turkeys! I forgot to take pictures of the final product-but they were super cute! 
Our class was also gobbled the last week of school! So, of course we had to "gobble" another classroom! The kids had so much fun this! The look on their faces after we were gobbled was priceless!

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment