Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, February 20, 2015

Frosting Friday!

Happy Friday!! Here's a glimpse of what we've been up to this week!

We spent some time learning about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln this week! The kids did a great job with our writing project and craft! After reading the kiddos papers, I realized they thought Abe wore a black magical hat like a magician:)! I love first graders:).




We also did several activities from my President's Day pack! 


didn't take many pictures of these activities...but if you're interested head over to my TPT store! 
Ok, what better way to end a Friday than with a whole lotta' frosting?! I know, you're probably thinking I'm crazy:)! I decided since we had learned so much about Abraham Lincoln, we "had" to made edible log cabins! 

Here's what you'll need:

Here are a few pictures of my lil' carpenters!


 
 
They had SO MUCH FUN! Yes, frosting was everywhere! Nothing a lil' Mr. Clean spray couldn't handle after school:).


We had a special visitor back from The North Pole to help us celebrate a birthday! The kids were ecstatic when they got back from lunch and saw who dropped in for a visit! One of the kids shouted, "He must be real, because teacher was eating lunch over there (in the teacher's lounge)!" Sneaky lil' elf;).

He enjoyed his visit so much he decided to stay another day {I may or may not have forgotten to put him away after school}. The kiddos decided that he must have been on a two day vacation or really wanted to be there for the log cabin making. I agreed, that must have been what it was;).

Guess who got the new iPhone 6 this week?! Okay, it wasn't completely by choice. My phone just stopped working Tuesday morning. Do you know how hard it is to go an entire day without a phone? It's sad, really. How am I supposed to take these awesome pictures to share with you all, without my phone:)? I love my new phone...just in case you were wondering. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment