Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, January 24, 2014

Five For Friday!

http://www.doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
Happy Friday! Today, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a weekly Five for Friday linky party. I will share five random (or maybe not so random this week) facts about my week.
This week my class won the green flag at school!! What's the green flag you ask??! It's a flag that is earned by one class within a grade level each week for showing expected behavior in the cafeteria. The flag hangs outside the classroom door for the entire week! I'm a little embarassed to admit this...but this was the first time our class has won all year. Yes, all year.  It only took us 90 school days:). I almost fell over when I heard over the announcements that my class had won! I have a very chatty class:). I think I've mentioned that before. Here's a picture of our flag! Take a good look...I don't know when we'll see it again lol.
I put my first craftivity in my TPT store this week! I had never really thought about putting my crafts in my store until a couple of my Instagram friends asked about it. Speaking of Instagram, I'm addicted! I have been extremely lucky to connect with so many inspiring teachers! I absolutely love looking at all the amazing classroom ideas in my IG feed. 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Penguin-Craftivity-1075887
 We finished up place value this week! I had my students create their own place value books to show the different ways they learned to represent a number. We also played a few place value games to finish out the week. On a side note, I don't think I could ever teach place value again without my new giant magnetic base ten blocks. The kids loved coming up to the board to manipulate the blocks! You can buy them on Amazon if you're interested:).
I spent a lot of time this week getting February centers ready. Is it really almost February?! Gosh, time goes by so fast! 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Falling-In-Love-With-Math-1047205
Last, but not least...Martin Luther King Jr.! We spent a lot of time learning about Martin Luther King Jr. and equality this week! We finished up by publishing our MLK writing and this craftivity! You know how much I LOVE craftivities:). 
That's all for now! Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment