Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, January 17, 2014

Gettin' Our Waddle On!


Hello three day weekend! What better way to end the first week back after winter break?! I'm actually more excited that I didn't end up sick this week than I am about the three day weekend. So many of my kiddos were out sick this week. Cough. Sniffle. Sneeze. These were the sounds of room 16 this week. Thank goodness for Emergen-C and my absolute favorite, clementine scented hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works. 

We finished up our penguin unit this week. The kids loved it! We read lots of cute lil' penguin books this week, wrote a report on penguins, and created a penguin craftivity today. We couldn't end the week without a craftivity:).

You can "waddle" through our week with these pictures:

Researching, brainstorming, and drafting:). If you are interested in this Penguin book or printables, they are available in my TPT store.
Publishing!
Aren't these absolutely adorable?! 
More cuteness!
In case you were wondering...scrapbook paper was used to make the scarves. You can get a pack of the paper in the Target dollar section:). 
This will be the last picture of the craftivity, I promise:). He was so proud of his penguin!

Ok, waddling away from penguins...and on to centers!! I put together about 20+ new centers over winter break. Some I created myself and some of them came from my favorite bloggers/TPT'ers! The kids really enjoyed them! I love that they are learning how to work as a group and stay on task. This was nearly impossible at the beginning of the year! It's not perfect, yet...but we're working on it:).

Here are a couple pictures I took during centers this week:
 
That's all for now! Off to enjoy the start of my three day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment