Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, January 31, 2014

Five For Friday!

It's time for another Five For Friday! Five random things from my week:-).
http://www.doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

We spent the week learning all about the long O sound! I just love teaching phonics to my little firsties! My favorite part of the morning is when they all practice blending together. Listening to them learning to read is awesome! I think it's one of the perks of being a first grade teacher:). They have come so far since the beginning of the year! To help them remember the long O sound we made these Cheerio bowls! I have a feeling that every time they eat Cheerios they are going to remember the long O. Mission accomplished:)!


Look who made a surprise visit to room 16!! The kids were beyond excited! Candy Cane decided to put on his birthday outfit and make a trip from The North Pole to help celebrate a birthday:). He left a note for the class telling them how much he had missed them. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of it. Sad face.

This Friday, we had Fun Friday! The last Friday of each month is used to reward all the students who have turned in all their homework, been on time for school, and have showed expected behavior in the classroom for the entire month! Sidewalk chalk was our special reward this month. I had NO IDEA how exciting sidewalk chalk is for first graders. Well, until this week:). Look at the smile on her face:)!



Next up...giveaway time! I'm so excited that Kristen, over at Easy Teaching Tools has included me in her giveaway. Several awesome teacher bloggers have donated great February products! If you haven't already...enter now:)

Ok, this has nothing to do with my classroom...or first graders...but I had to show him off:)! My lil' Trooper got his first haircut. Isn't he just adorable?!

That's my Five For Friday! Have an amazing weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment