Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, February 7, 2014

Five For Friday-100th Day of School!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

It's that time again! Five For Friday!
 
Oh my gosh...I can't believe we celebrated the 100th day of school this week! Is that even possible?! I feel like I was just greeting my cute little firsties on the first day of school! Any-hoo, we had a blast on the 100th day of school! Here are a few pics of our celebration:

100 day hats & ties. These were a HUGE hit!

They have a really cool teacher who spent her whole weekend making these 100th day cookie bags. Ok, maybe not all weekend:). Another big hit! I love that big smile!

My silly class!

Writing about our hundred day collections.


I finally finished my long vowel packs. While everyone else watched the Super Bowl at my parent's house...I made long vowel packs, and ate....and ate some more. The best part about Super Bowl parties...the food:)!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Long-I-Word-Work-1087081
We also made these long I kites this week! It was the perfect activity to reinforce the long I sound. These kites turned into much more than a simple phonics/spelling lesson. I thought they would quickly create these:

But, instead...we got this...
...and this

It was very interesting to watch the kiddos problem solve! Getting the pieces to fit was no easy task. But, eventually, we got this:):

Perfection!


It rained A LOT on Thursday! We were on rainy day schedule all day. This was the one day a teacher friend and I decided to leave for lunch. We were soaked! But, we REALLY need the rain...so no complaints here!


The kids wrote opinion pieces this week. They wrote about whether or not they thought spring would be coming early or if we would have six more weeks of winter. We made these cute lil' groundhogs to finish it up! I have to admit, this is the first time, in a long time (maybe ever...shhh...don't tell) that I let the kids cut out all the pieces themselves. I know, it's terrible! I always like to have those perfectly straight edges. But, today I decided to let them do all the cutting! Here's how they turned out:




There you go....all student made:)!

Happy three day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment