Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, March 14, 2014

Glitter! Glitter! Glitter!




http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/


It's that time again...Five For Friday! 

We've been learning about weather and the different types of storms this week. So, naturally, we had to read Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It's such a fun book! 

The kids became meteorologists this week (yes, my firsties now know what a meteorologist is) and predicted the weather. This lil' guy predicted it was going to rain juicy oranges! 


The kids also created their own wacky towns, much like Chewandswallow. They wrote about the types of food it would rain in their town for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 


Can you tell we've also been learning about adjectives?!



We've also been learning lots of different strategies to add and subtract. This weeks focus was on fact families. The kids created these awesome St. Patty's Day fact families! Yes, that is gold glitter you see all over those shamrocks! I think I'll be seeing it for a while. It's all over the classroom:). 



This week was the Young Authors' Fair at our school! I'm on the committee that helps put this together. The kids turned in some awesome books. Here's a peek at a few that were submitted this year!



It is responsibility month at our school this month! Our kids are learning all about how they can become responsible students. To help get the kids involved we had a door banner contest with all the classes. Here was our door! Responsibility Rules!

Ok, I saved the best for last! Isn't that how it should be? I am in LOVE with our latest art work! I will admit, I was skeptical about doing this art project. I wasn't sure if it would be too advanced for my kiddos. But, it was perfect! They loved it and were so proud of the finished product. I'm hoping to submit some of these works of art to our upcoming art fair. I'm not sure if the kids are going to let me take any of them off the wall though. I love having things up that the kids are so proud of. Yes, in case you were wondering...that was two projects that involved glitter this week. I'm a brave teacher:)! 





A little teacher humor:


Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment