Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Seuss-tastic Week!

http://primarychalkboard.blogspot.com/

I'm blogging...and it's not even the weekend. I'm going to be really busy this weekend, so I'm planning ahead. It must be the teacher in me....always planning. This week, I'm linking up with Primary Chalkboard for a Read Across America linky party. I've been so excited to share all of our Seuss-tastic fun we've had this week!

We started Monday morning by reading a few Dr. Seuss books and then we made these hats. We couldn't go the entire day, on Dr. Seuss day without hats. So, yes, we did a craft. On a Monday. At 9 am. This never happens:).
I even wore a hat:)!
Next up...Oobleck! Ok, if you're not a teacher, you're probably wondering what this is?! I describe it as green goo! It went along with the story Bartholomew and the Oobleck. Put simply, it's a mixture of cornstarch, water, and food coloring. It makes for an awesome lesson on states of matter! See, we don't just do crafts all day, on a Monday:). 

Here are the kiddos mixing up the Oobleck, making predictions, and deciding if this "goo" is a liquid or a solid.

This experiment quickly moved outside. What was I thinking? First graders, goo...outside we went:).

By the end of this experiment, the kids had Oobleck arms, Oobleck shoes, and Oobleck pants. It was a mess! But, the kids had a blast! So, it was worth the mess.

We also did some "Seuss math" after reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.


We ended the day with these cupcakes! What an awesome day!


This next activity has nothing to do with big red and white hats, green goo...or anything Seuss. But, since I probably won't be blogging for another week or so, I'll share this adjective activity we did this week. Each student chose an animal that they had to describe. Then, they used those adjectives in a sentence about their animal. I thought they turned out pretty cute! 
I love this giraffe!

Someone must love The Little Mermaid. It's my favorite too.

I have some little artists:)!


I hope you enjoyed our week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment